I am starting this blog to document my journey to convert the Frank Reilly drawing methods into parell methodes for 3D modeling. I will be focusing on how the planes of the face and body are guildlines for polygon edge placement and edge flow.

I am starting on a long study of the traditional application of the Reilly methodes. Before I try to convert it over to 3d, I must first perfect my knowledge on paper. Only once I understand it on paper will the knowledge transfer to polygons.

Monday, January 10, 2011

The New Year: A New Reilly Layout

I have been quite as of late, but I am still working on perfecting this style and converting it into 3D.  I have made some great strides over the past couple of months.  My newest head model is again the best one I have completed to date, and it is solely completed from these methods.  The hand drawn head was completed using the Reilly method, and one of my own design.  I have taken several different layouts combined them into one and even adjusted them for the purpose of lining up is mesh more accurately in 3D software.  Here is the current head I am working with, it is the one in the lower right corner of the image.  The others show some steps I took evolving the layout into this final version that I am using.  Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment