I am starting this blog to document my journey to convert the Frank Reilly drawing methods into parell methodes for 3D modeling. I will be focusing on how the planes of the face and body are guildlines for polygon edge placement and edge flow.

I am starting on a long study of the traditional application of the Reilly methodes. Before I try to convert it over to 3d, I must first perfect my knowledge on paper. Only once I understand it on paper will the knowledge transfer to polygons.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Past Two Weeks

I decided to post my drawings from the past two weeks as one, mainly because I only got a couple of drawings per session that I want to post up. The shapes and forms are coming along much better these days, along with my edge quality. I am almost starting to think that all these drawing I have been doing are starting to pay off. The last class we were only working on three minute drawings and I kept wishing I had just two more minutes on some of them. Two weeks ago we we doing 8 minute drawings allowing more full body sketches. I did not apply any shading to the drawings, I was mostly concentrating on the line and edge placement of the anatomy. Hopefully when I get more time on the drawings my edges will rock, and the shading will only harmonize with the forms I have edged in. One step at a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment