I am starting this blog to document my journey to convert the Frank Reilly drawing methods into parell methodes for 3D modeling. I will be focusing on how the planes of the face and body are guildlines for polygon edge placement and edge flow.

I am starting on a long study of the traditional application of the Reilly methodes. Before I try to convert it over to 3d, I must first perfect my knowledge on paper. Only once I understand it on paper will the knowledge transfer to polygons.

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Starting Point

I re-started life drawing about 5 months ago. One of the requirements for the Master's Degree was a portfolio that included elements from 3D characters and environments to life drawings. The issue is I have not attempted a life drawing since I was in college. So to put it lightly I was very rusty. Luckily, at the Art Institute of Las Vegas, there are life drawing classes and an open workshop. I came to one of the open workshops at AiLV and managed to get a couple of "ok" drawings. Kevin Anderson, one of the life drawing instructors at AiLV, told me that I should sit in on his Drawing and Anatomy class, and that it would change my life (as far as drawing goes). I committed myself to going and soon would be introduced to the Frank Reilly methods for drawing, and I have not looked back since.

Here is a drawing from that first session, we all need a starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment