I am starting this blog to document my journey to convert the Frank Reilly drawing methods into parell methodes for 3D modeling. I will be focusing on how the planes of the face and body are guildlines for polygon edge placement and edge flow.

I am starting on a long study of the traditional application of the Reilly methodes. Before I try to convert it over to 3d, I must first perfect my knowledge on paper. Only once I understand it on paper will the knowledge transfer to polygons.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Advanced Anatomy: Last Session This Quarter

These are the drawings I completed yesterday. It was the last drawing day of the Advanced Anatomy class. I noticed a lot of improvement this quarter. I like drawing with charcoal, and even my gestures have more form and shape than before. I am excited to sit in on the Drawing and Anatomy class, again, next quarter. But in the mean time here are the drawings, they include my warm ups, a head study (Kevin pointed out that the mouth was low, I have noticed I have an issue with mouth placement so I think that next quarter I will work hard on that.) and a couple of body studies focusing on the Reilly under structure.






No comments:

Post a Comment