I am starting this blog to document my journey to convert the Frank Reilly drawing methods into parell methodes for 3D modeling. I will be focusing on how the planes of the face and body are guildlines for polygon edge placement and edge flow.

I am starting on a long study of the traditional application of the Reilly methodes. Before I try to convert it over to 3d, I must first perfect my knowledge on paper. Only once I understand it on paper will the knowledge transfer to polygons.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Over Break: The Head Model

Since there was no class this week, due to the break in between quarters, I decided to take my knowledge of the Reilly method as it applies to the head and put my full knowledge into a 3d head study. I am happy with the results, the last head modeled I really only focused on the planes in the cheeks and the forehead of the face. This model I took extra care to add in add the planer lines throughout the face, paying close attention to the overlapping surfaces. I took a render and tried to show the flow of the polys, check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment